Home | Pioneers | Contact Us | Copyright/Disclaimer
Monaro Pioneers Group - Information Page
Welcome | Enquiries | The Newsletter | Genealogical Contributions | Text/Photo Contributions
The Monaro Pioneers : http://www.monaropioneers,com is a history website featuring well over 2100 Pioneer Families. The information is provided by descendents, other interested historians and relevant publications. It is compiled and monitored by a group of very dedicated historians.
Ian Harvey maintains the genealogical data base and manages the website; many other volunteers help out with research and transcriptions etc.
ENQUIRIES ABOUT MATERIAL ON THE SITE
If you wish to know more about a family or subject described on the site, please contact the contributor in the first instance. If this is unsuccessful contact Ian with genealogical questions or corrections and additions.
The new database currently resides on Ian's computer system, and he uses the Legacy software program to manage it. Ian is dedicated to this project and gives gladly of his time and energy to the site.
To submit new, additional genealogical information or alterations to the family trees please contact Ian.
Our order of preference for the format of genealogical material for submission is
1. Gedcom Files,
2. Text or Word reports,
3. Pdf (They may be published as a pdf, so they shouldn't have any reference to the living),
4. Reports from programs (we usually get them open if we have to, especially if we are told what they are generated from), I prefer photos/graphics etc to be sent separate as .jpg or .tiff files. If you have problems with this let me know. Snail mail gets a very low preference as I can't type fast enough.
HISTORICAL TEXT AND PHOTOS
Contact Ian if you wish to make contributions in the form of Historical Text, Historical Documents or Photos for publication to the site.
HISTORICAL TEXT - Our order of preference for the format of submission material is:
1. Word .doc documents
2. Text .txt documents
3. Pdf (They may be publish as a pdf, so they shouldn't have any reference to the living)
4. Printed material in good condition suitable for OCR
5. Reports from programs (we usually get them open if we have to especially if we are told what they are generated from).
6. Snail mail gets a very low preference as I can't type very well.
PHOTOGRAPHS AND DOCUMENTS
I prefer photos to be sent separate as .jpg files, graphics as .tiff files.
Not within a word document or other files.
Attach no more than four pics to an email.
Scan the material at least 100%, larger for smaller photos.
Also they should be a minimum of 150dpi if possible.
Put a brief description in the file name, and what you want as the caption in the email.
I don't mind scanning photos that are sent by mail.
If you have problems with this let me know.
"David's interest in the Monaro rests with his mother’s family and the “Duster Orphans”. Places of interest are Twofold Bay, the Kamaruka Estate, Craigie, Bombala, Bega. He resides in Sydney’s north western suburbs, and is employed full time and breeds Collies in his spare time."